The Organizing Committee of the XXVII World Congress of the Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy has funded grants for academic post holders and students from states classified by the World Bank as low or mid-low income nations.
In case the number of applications is higher than that of the grants available, the following criteria will be employed to allocate the grants to the applicants.
1) Applicants who currently reside in one of the countries mentioned above, and are engaged in academic activity, will be preferred.
2) Two thirds of the grants will be allocated to the holders of academic appointments, and the remainder will be allocated to students.
3) Only one grant (in each of the categories above) will be awarded to nationals of each nation.
4) The committee will give priority to the nations in which the IVR has a section in operation.
5) Provided that the criteria above are observed, 50% of the grants shall be allocated to women and 50% to men.
6) In case more than one applicant complies with all of the criteria above and the directives for preferences do not apply, the beneficiary will be chosen by lottery.
In order to apply, interested parties should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short CV before 30 October 2014. The outcome of the applications will be posted on the website before 30 November 2014.
The grant includes neither transportation costs nor accommodation. The organizing committee, nevertheless, may contact local scholars on behalf of the beneficiaries of the grants with a view to attempt to accommodate them in their residences, as a matter of courtesy. However, the organizing committee cannot guarantee that this initiative will be successful.
A list of countries which may qualify:
Central African R.
Congo, Dem. Rep.
Egypt, Arab Rep.
Korea, Dem. Rep.
Micronesia, Fed. Sts.
|Papua New Guinea
Säo Tomé and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank & Gaza